Monday, July 22, 2013

Decimal Covers.

I like to collect Australian pre-decimal and decimal covers. Some of the latter can be quite interesting as long as the postmarks correspond with the period of issue of the stamps. Recent covers with old stamps are not as attractive to me. Also it is more to my licking if the covers are not obviously philatelically  inspired.

Here are some from my collection that I find particularly nice:


There are many copies of the 1981 $2 Australian Paintings definitive (On the wallaby track) but on cover they are a lot scarcer. The security post label is a bonus


The 1972 Pioneer Life in Australia definitives are also very common used and can be found in quantity in most kiloware. On cover they are also a bit scarcer. The small note in brackets reads " for Fred". Fred was/is probably a stamp collector so whether you class this cover as a postal use or not is debatable.

Again to find one of the Navigator series still on cover is not common. Besides that, I think this is such a pretty cover.

see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment